How to attract more customers to your Website
Obviously, if your website isn't getting any traffic, you're not generating any sales. We know that without traffic, you can't really test the key components of your sales process. What's more if you roll out a high-volume traffic campaign before you've tested your site to make sure it converts maximum visitors into buyers, you're at a risk of losing sales and looking unprofessional to the very people you're trying to attract!
A few Tips to get you started
- Make sure that your headline and content URL are optimised for the search engines. You can use Google Keyword Tool to find popular keywords.
- Make sure your site is Google friendly, mobile friendly and above all else user friendly.
- Focus on optimized content instead of link-building for long-term SEO success.
- Make your site is quite simply …. as fast as possible! A well-engineered website will be rewarding to potential customers, resulting in minimal frustration, ease of access to key areas and a likelihood they'll return to you again!
Acquire traffic that you need to test your website fast!
- How to test my site?
- What do I test on my site?
There is an infinite number of things you can test on your site there are limitless combinations of changes that may improve your visitor-to-sale conversion rates. However, this becomes a struggle with new sites as there is no traffic to begin with! The answer is known as PPC (Pay Per Click) Where you buy traffic through PPC search engines. Like an auction-you can bid for top-ranking positions under keywords of your choice. For each visitor who searches the keyword(s) you bid on and then clicks through to your site, you pay whatever you bid.
Give free content for publicity. An undervalued strategy for getting traffic is giving away….yes giving away free content to other websites. Including rare, hard-to-get information that'll give your articles tremendous value to the user. Get free word of mouth publicity using viral marketing.
Like the term virus, the idea of viral marketing is to get your message spread like a virus! By encouraging people to pass on information about your site to others, that word-of-mouth publicity to advertise your business becomes invaluable.
- Offer a free trial of your service with a "share this great resource" button on the page.
- Give free articles that include the "pass it on" link.
- Give free demos of your product.
- Hold a contest on your site, people participating can receive extra bonuses for every friend they refer.
E-mail marketing to attract repeat Customers
We all want lots of traffic to our website which is great, but if you aren't collecting the contact information you're wasting every single click. You'll want to begin collecting visitors' contact information from day one using an opt-in form on your home page. You can then send them e-mail messages to follow up and keep them thinking about your site. An opt in subscription can be a good way to entice customers in by updating them with relevant news and facts that will benefit them in your industry.
- Free reports on topics your market would appreciate
- Monthly or bi-weekly newsletters that include tons of tips and information
- Answers to common questions people ask about your product
- Offers for products similar or complementary to ones you may have already offered them
- Free product trials that give potential customers a taste of what you have to offer
Following up with the addresses you gather is quick, easy and simple with e-mail management and automation software. If time is of the essence as is normally the case you can create e-mail messages known as "autoreply" so that potential customers receive information automatically as soon as they opt-in on your site.
Link requests require minimal effort from you, but they can absolutely explode your traffic numbers overnight. Simply put If your site is a featured link on a major site in your industry, a site reputable and known for drawing a lot of traffic, then your site immediately benefits from all the exposure their site receives.
- Search Google for your standard keywords, words you feel people would use to find your website in the first place.
- Make notes about the sites that appear regularly in the top ten listings for your major keywords.
Be sure to write an email to the owners of the website you want to create a link from. Being complimentary in a message works as well as in person so be sure to include examples such as how valuable you found their site, ideas gathered from browsing their site, any inspirations, being any positive information, you can muster up. Then state why you think having a link would benefit them and make sure you detail the information they need to contact you should they wish to!
With any business new or old survival is dependent on a great many variables. Today's world opens new doors into attracting new customers that generations before us would have deemed unimaginable. The internet itself is a true milestone of the capabilities of the modern world. With this enormous game changer, the whole world is connected, socially, economically, and technologically. With the variety of tools available to the average business today, it is now considered essential to have an online presence however that is now no longer enough. For the Highstreets shops are gradually declining, the 'destination' or 'place' to be seen is no longer the elite position in the shopping mall, or advertisements on billboards. Instead the strides towards the prime spot on the most efficient search engine known to man have become the dominant game changer for businesses worldwide. The better equipped your engine (website) the more likely you are to travel the distance and last a long time. So stay ahead of the competition by acquiring cutting edge online tools, the ability to be innovative and open to marketing strategies is an essential part to your online business, and a proven recipe for success.