Signage is defined as any kind of graphic display meant to portray information to an audience.
Signage serves some common purposes:
“From Road signs to advertising, signage is essential to everyday life”
1) Advertising and marketing - A common tool for advertising and marketing, used by companies and organisations worldwide. Outdoor signage solutions and building wraps are an alternative, powerful way to advertise your brand.
2) Entice customers - Shop signage inside and out can attract business to your company. Enticing customers from outside, window displays are a great example to establish that curiosity and encourage new custom.
3) Recognition - Without a doubt, one of the single biggest reasons signage is so vital to businesses is to help people identify with your brand. Over the years, McDonalds and Nike have become instantly recognisable signs.
4) Directional - This is essential for large locations like a shopping centres or hospitals. These signs intended for visitors or customers are less likely to get lost which ultimately helps avoid a situation that could reflect badly on your business. Directional signage is also used for outdoor events like festivals where several buildings and entrances are available.
5) Health and safety signage - An essential way of communicating health and safety information. Commonly found in:
These signs issue information on hazards or warnings which is essential to safety.
6) Appearance - Sometimes a sign may not be used to serve an advertising purpose or relay a warning or instruction. Signs can also be used to enhance the overall appearance of workspace or nearby surroundings.
At Elms Creative we have a wealth of experience in producing top quality signage for businesses and organisations of all sizes. We design and produce bespoke signage solutions to businesses in the south of England. Contact us via our online contact form or simply give us a call we would love to discover your signage solution.